This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliverand supervise safe and effective exercise and personal training programmes for a range of clients.
This qualification has eleven mandatory units split over two modules including:
1. Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
2. Professionalism and customer care
3. Health and safety in the fitness environment
4. Conducting client consultations
5. Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
6. Applied anatomy and physiology
7. The principles of nutrition
8. Lifestyle, health and common medical conditions
9. Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours
10. Programme design and delivery for personal training
11. Professionalism and business acumen
This qualification is completed via blended delivery, where you will receive access to our digital learning resources. You will complete theory content of the qualification as self directed learning fully supported by your tutor, before attending a one day practical workshop intended to develop your practical skills ahead of your final practical assessment.
You can find more information about blended learning here.
This qualification has the following assessments:
x3 Online exam
x2 Client programme
x4 Practical assessments
After successful completion of this qualification you will be able to work or seek employment as a qualified gym instructor or personal trainer.
You may also wish to develop your knowledge further and complete the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Matwork
Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Yoga
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
Level 4 Certificate in Strength & Conditioning
26+ hours video tutorials
Two 6 hour live workshops
Instant mock exams
Live tutor support