- This document sets out FIT Educations Complaints Policy and is aimed at our learners and all interested parties who encounter a direct or indirect service from FIT Education.
- FIT Education values learners who undertake any course which we offer. Therefore it is important should you feel that you have experienced a level of service that is below both yours and our expectations you should raise any concerns you may have with us immediately, so that we can address them to improving our service.
- This policy covers complaints that learners and members of the public may wish to make in relation to the services offered by FIT Education and any staff representing FIT Education.
- It is not to be used to cover enquiries about services offered by FIT Education or appeals in relation to assessment decisions made by FIT Education. These areas are covered by our Appeals Policy. Should a complaint be submitted which is in fact an appeal we will respond to inform the relevant party that the issue is being considered in accordance with our Appeals
- If you are unhappy about the way an examination or assessment was delivered and/or conducted and you suspect malpractice and/or maladministration may have occurred you should send your concern to us in accordance with the arrangements in our Malpractice & Maladministration Policy. This should occur as soon as possible to protect any associated evidence that may form part of your complaint.
- FIT Education ensure that our staff involved in the management, assessment and quality assurance of our qualifications are aware of the contents of this policy and that FIT Education has a complaints handling procedure in place to deal with complaints from learners about the services they receive from
Initial process of complaint
- Wherever possible FIT Education will try to resolve any concerns a learner may have informally, before going through a complaints process. However we recognise that there may be occasions where a formal approach may be necessary. Therefore before any formal complaints are made it is suggested that learners speak with their tutor in the first instance, where a discussion regarding the concern you may have can be promptly addressed.
- FIT Education accepts that not all concerns can be dealt with in this manner and there may be instances where the tutor carrying out their discussion might have a personal interest regarding the concern. If we are unable to resolve the concern in this way, or the learner is not satisfied, then the following complaints process will be recommended for all learners to be able to raise the matter formally.
Confidentiality and whistle blowing
- Sometimes a complainant will wish to remain However, it is always preferable to provide your identity and contact details. If you are concerned about possible adverse consequences please inform us that you would like to remain anonymous.
Process for raising a complaint
- You can request a complaint form from your tutor/assessor, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or via download here . Any complaint in which you make shall not have any bearing on any past, present or future qualifications in which you undertake with FIT Education.
- A complaint must be formally raised in writing to FIT Educations Director either via email email@example.com or addressed to Mr. Shaun Jackson, 3 St Georges Crescent, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE29 0JW at the earliest opportunity.
- The action stated above will initiate FIT Educations formal complaints process, therefore entering the following stage(s)
Formal complaint process
Stage 1 – Internal investigation
- Upon receipt of a complaint FIT Educations Director will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 2 working days and aim to resolve the complaint within 7 working days.
- Where it may not be possible to resolve the complaint within the 7 working days then the complainant shall be informed of a time scaled action plan to resolve the matter, where further investigation shall take place.
- Following further investigation into the complaint, FIT Education will write to the appellant with full details of the outcome.
- If the complainant is not fully satisfied with the outcome of this stage; it is then advised to further the matter onto stage 2 of the process.
Stage 2 – External Investigation
- If you are still unhappy with the outcome in which FIT Education has concluded the complaint then you can contact the qualifications awarding body, who will investigate the nature of your complaint further.
- Your tutor or assessor will provide you with details to be able to contact your qualification awarding body; alternatively you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org who shall provide you with the required details.
- It is your right to take the matter further, if you do decide to contact the qualification awarding body after exhausting all other meditative options then please notify FIT Education of this.
What happens if my complaint is upheld?
- If your complaint has been upheld we will of course respond to the complainant accordingly and give due consideration to how we can improve our service and arrangements.
- FIT Education shall review our procedures annually to assess the impact on our arrangements and assessment process or arranging for staff In extreme circumstances, internal disciplinary procedures may be exercised where the performance or behaviour of our staff is deemed inappropriate.
- In situations where a complaint has been successful, or where an investigation following notification from your qualification awarding body indicates a failure in our processes, FIT Education will give due consideration to the outcome and will, as appropriate, take actions such as:
- Identify any other learner, who has been affected by that
- Correct, or where it cannot be corrected, mitigate as far as possible the effect of the
- Ensure that the failure does not recur in the
- Appropriate compensation may be awarded to the learner if FIT Education is found it has compromised its own terms and conditions that form part of the contract between us and the learner in question.
Publication and Communication
- This Complaints Policy is published on Fit Educations learner portal and on our webpage at fiteducation.co.uk and upon request via email.
- The Policy is made available to all staff and learners from their induction period and is located within the relevant learner handbook.
- Comments or questions relating to the Complaints Policy should be sent to the email@example.com