- FIT Education is committed to providing a working and learning environment in which diversity is valued and encouraged, where there is equal access to opportunities and services and in which all prospective and existing staff and learners are treated fairly, with equity, dignity and mutual respect.
- We acknowledge the unique contribution that all individuals can make and it is the responsibility of all FIT Education employees to ensure that no individual or group is treated less favorably in terms of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other inappropriate or irrelevant criteria or distinction.
- It is in relation to these protected characteristics that FIT Education commits to having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people from different groups
- Encourage people with protected characteristics to participate in public life or in other activities where participation is low.
- Value diversity by fostering positive relationships.
- This commitment will be embedded into our day to day activities including but not exclusive to recruitment, programme delivery, assessment and quality management/assurance.
- FIT Education aim to promote Equality and Diversity in relation to its role as:
- An employer
- A provider of education
- A provider of services
- This policy applies to all employees and learners of FIT Education, together with those contracted to work for or with FIT Education either as a contractor, sub-contractor self-employed basis.
- Responsibility for implementation of the policy is as follows:
- The Director has overall responsibility for the implementation of the Equality & Diversity Policy, with named staff having specific responsibilities;
- All staff and learners of FIT Education have a collective responsibility to promote Equality and Diversity and to adhere to the Equality & Diversity Policy;
- All contractors and sub-contractors who interact with the learners on behalf of FIT Education are made aware of and will be required to respect the Equality & Diversity Policy.
FIT Education undertakes to:
- Ensure equality of access for all potential learners, including the employment of staff, consultants and/or contractors, the admission of learners, the provision of educational and training opportunities, and the provision of services to individuals.
- Promote the spirit of equal opportunity to ensure that individuals associated with FIT Education show mutual respect to each other.
- Comply with the terms of all equality legislation.
- Ensure that effective systems for the monitoring and evaluation of equality diversity are in place.
- Make changes to practice where there is evidence of failure to provide an appropriate and professional service.
- Work proactively towards eliminating discrimination, harassment and bullying on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other relevant criteria or distinction.
- Promote harmonious and productive relations between different groups and value diversity in our staff and student body, by ensuring that harassment and discrimination are not tolerated under any circumstances.
- Ensure that we actively co-operate with our awarding bodies upon investigation, providing evidence of conduct which may amount to discrimination.
Breaches of the Policy
- Breaches of this Policy by FIT Education employers, learners, or any other contractor will be investigated with sensitivity and prompt action taken.
- Employers who wish to raise a concern or believe they have experienced any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation should raise the matter through the appropriate procedure as set out in FIT Educations complaints policy.
- Learners who wish to raise a concern or believe they have experienced any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation should raise the matter through the appropriate procedure as set out in FIT Educations complaints policy. A copy of this procedure is available upon request.
Monitoring of the Policy
- The Director will review this policy on an annual basis and make any appropriate amendments if and when required such as a change in legislation or an incident occurrence.
- FIT Education will co-operate with its awarding bodies to implement any measures to develop or monitor equal opportunity.
Publication and Communication
- The Equality & Diversity Policy is published on Fit Educations learner portal and on our webpage at fiteducation.co.uk and upon request via email.
- The Policy shall also be made available to all staff and learners from their induction period and is located within the relevant handbook.
- Comments or questions relating to the Equality & Diversity policy should be sent to the Equality Officer email@example.com